I spoke tonight at our ENCM (Every Nation Campus Ministry) meeting at our university campus. as you know from the previous post, i am somewhat under the weather! but, i made it through, hoarseness and all! the following is what i shared. i was asked to speak on “BE A ROCK! Withstanding Peer Pressure”….
Being a ROCK is more than just saying NO, it’s choosing to say YES to things that lead people AND OURSELVES to a place that brings an eternal life change.
We are all leading someone, somewhere…. to me it’s black and white — we are either leading people to the things of God or we are leading them to the things of hell. There is no in between. so ask yourself…
- What is your life exemplifying?
EXAMPLE by definition is: a pattern, in morals or manners; a copy, or model; that which is proposed or is proper to be imitated.
- How are you being an influence on those around you?
INFLUENCE by definition is: the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something.
- Are you “being a rock” when it comes to how you live your life in front of others?
ROCK by definition is: used in similes and metaphors to refer to someone or something that is extremely strong and reliable.
Practically speaking, the following are just a few things to have set up in your life to help you succeed in standing firm! …..
- Have your mind made up on where you stand and what you stand for… THOUGHTS BECOME ACTIONS. ACTIONS BECOME HABITS. HABITS BECOME LIFESTYLES.
- Have someone in your life that loves you enough to not let you stay in YOUR mess (mentor, peer, friend, etc.)
- Actually live out what you say you believe. In other words, make sure your actions line up with what you say your values are. DON’T BE CONFUSING!
- Hope and dream for yourself! You can do it!
- More than all of that, find yourself in an unashamed friendship with your Maker. It’s the only thing that will sustain!
Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts. IS. 26:8
“O GOD… MAY MY LIFE BRING YOU GLORY ALL OF MY DAYS… AMEN.”